Friday, January 23, 2009

2009,.. wow

well, I am at a loss for words about it being 2009...that makes me 55 years of age.
It's cool though. A party at Roscoe's house tomorrow night.
By the way, Roscoe's lymphatic cancer has subsided after surgery, chemo and radiation.
I have been working on my book, which Maria is familiar with, tough stuff...
Calder is 26 and Annie is about to turn 23. We are working on individuation processes and I guess I'm the only one who is having a hard time adjusting to it.
Peter and I bought a 46" big screen tv and it didn't look so big when I got it home. It will be more user friendly when the Geek Squad arrive on Sunday to do the whole set up and to teach us how to use the remote control.
I am practicing my French often and am really getting ready for the trip. Peter had meeting with some steel engineers from Canada, so I called them and spoke a French conversation with them. They said for us to contact him when we go to Quebec and girls, don't you think Quebec sounds good...we never got to go to Nova Scotia because my mother got sick...she's doing better and that's probably because Dr. Goyette finally retired and my mother has a new young doctor who doesn't let her get away with anything. She'd go to see Goyette and since she was a nurse like 30 years ago, he'd let her go in and tell him her diagnosis!!! What an unconcionable jerk he is.
Everybody sounds like the new year is fitting them like a cashmere scarf with the matching gloves!!! Good for all of you! Love and big hugs, little prayers and don't forget to kick up your heels and howl at the moon every now and then!!! Pris

2 comments:

Ann Miller said...

Priscilla! I have been "following" your blog for months now...since you started it...and TODAY is the FIRST time I was able to read ANY post you have made!

I thought you had started a blog and never posted anything on it. There was never any entries...oh, there were three "headlines" but they never connected to any postings! I don't know what you...or I did differently...but now I can read your blog!

Ann

Frenchie said...

Yay!!! Your sister can't get mine either!!???